Friday 15 August 2014

Pumpkin soup with beef

Lietuviška versija čia.
For the first time I've tried pumpkin soup when I was visiting my friend, she also made it with beef. I was impressed by the taste of this soup. And the recipe is so easy.
You will need:
  • a piece of beef shank or oxtail (about 250 grams)
  • 1 small pumpkin
  • 2 carrots
  • 4 potatoes
  • 1 big onion
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 cup of sour-cream/heavy cream/spreadable cheese
Vegetable bouillon can be used instead of the beef.
As far as I remember my friend didn't use the garlic. Just I put it everywhere... :)

Preparation:
Boil the meat in the salted water, take it out, let it chill.
Clean all the vegetables, cut into peaces and boil until soft.
When everything is ready, take the vegetables out of the water and blend it until smooth. Pour back into the water.
Cut the meat into small pieces and add into the soup. Add pepper and salt to taste.
Put spreadable cheese (or sour cream, or heavy cream) into the soup and bring to boiling. You can also just add some sour-cream into each plate instead of this. I added later:
Enjoy!

1 comment: